Sunday, May 17, 2009

Was it Worth It??

Yesterday I worked at Scholastic's Semi-Annual Warehouse Clearance Sale. I had been looking forward to it ALL week, until Saturday morning. I was scheduled to work from 12pm until 6pm that day. I'd had a crazy busy week and just was not looking forward to being at this sale for 6 hours. But, I went because I said I'd be there and I wasn't going to cancel the day of.
Things were a little awkward when I was there because it was obvious that other 6 workers knew each other and worked year after year together. At first time went by REALLY slow! But a few people I knew came to shop and I had people to talk to!
I knew that I would get $10/hour in books for working, but I kept asking myself, "Is this worth it?" Well, here are the titles I walked away with:


1. The Bobbsey Twins Ready to Read
2. A Very Special Snowflake
3. Little Miss Star
4. What Do You Call A Rhyming Riddle?
5. Firebears The Rescue Team
6. Bodies: Peel Back the Layers from the Outside In!
7. Highschool Musical 3 Picture Book
8. United States of America Jigsaw Book
9. Baby Mouse Queen of the World
10. Roscoe Riley Rules #1
11. The Magic Tree House: Dragon of the Red Dawn
12. Amazon Fever
13. Star Wars Last of the Jedi
14. Magic Tree House Reswarch Guide: Penguins and Antarctica
15. Ashes of Roses by Mary Jane Auch
16. The Foreshadowing by Marcus Sedgwick
17. Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
18. Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi
19. Gregor the Overlander
20. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
21. Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
That's $120 worth of books that I got for FREE...well, actually for $60 of Scholastic credit (everything was at LEAST 50% off) for working from 12pm-6pm. So back to my original question...Was it worth it?...yes, yes indeed it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment