Saturday, August 1, 2009

These Past Couple Months...Whitney's Reviews

I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I love mysteries, but was a little leery of one written from an 11 year old's perspective. BUT, she was so eleoquent that I forgot all about her age in the first chapter.
Between her outstanding detective skills and her keen mind for chemistry I fell in love with young Flavia de Luce! I can't wait to see what kind of journey she and ALan Beadley will take me on next time!
In July GAB read Firefly Lane. It was a great book about a 30 year friendship. Nothing extremely devestating or exciting happened throughout most of the book (However, I did find myself laughing out loud and wiping away a tear on more than a few occassions). It was just a well written story about 2 girls, their friendship and their lives (together and apart). Scenarios the "could" happen kept popping into my head as I read, but Kristen Hannah did a fabulous job of keeping her characters consistent. To date, this is my favorite book we have read!


No comments:

Post a Comment