Thursday, March 26, 2009

Confessions of a Bookaholic

I was in OKC yesterday with my cousin and we went to a consignment sale...JBF (Just Between Friends) for all you mom's out there. I found some cute clothes/shoes for my kids, but what REALLY got me excited were the books I found!
I found Captain Underpants (2), Teacher of the Black Lagoon and Geronimo chapter books for Trey for $1 each! I'd been wanting to get him a few of those books, but didn't want to pay the $5 or $7 Scholastic was selling them for. While I'm thrilled to find those books for Trey, it's what I found for me that is truly exciting...I found the ENTIRE 8 book series of Anne of Green Gables for only $10!!!
I watched the Anne movies all the time growing up, and read the series when I was a pre-teen, but I can't wait to read it again! I started the first book last night. It's bringing back some fun memories. Thank goodness for JBF!
I haven't been too impressed with the clothes and prices at JBF over the past few years, but I might start going again just for the books!!

Until Next Time,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment